As we continue to monitor the effects of (COVID-19) and its impact on all our lives, we have updated our protocols in order to support you as a volunteer in your service to children and families, as they will continue to need our support, especially during these trying times
For our volunteer advocates and staff, the following changes will be made to our standard child visit practices:
· Effective immediately we are suspending all child and family visits.
· We are requiring bi-weekly contact via a video-conferencing tools to verbal-aged children, and to caregivers if children are too young to speak.
· In the event a child is too young for video or phone calls, please use video conferencing when possible to see the children to ensure they are okay while you are speaking to the caregiver.
· If video is not possible, phone calls must be made. If you need assistance meeting this requirement, please let your supervisor know immediately.
· These restrictions will remain in effect through 6/30/2020, at which time, CASA of Southeast Texas will re-evaluate and communicate with our volunteers before that time.
Please remember it is vital to have eyes on the children we serve in any way possible to help them stay calm and connected. Not communicating with a child during these stressful and difficult times, when connections are most valuable could undo all of the work done to create a relationship.
It is of great importance to have all court reports submitted in ample time to allow the judges to read your concerns and recommendations prior to the court hearing. For now, all court will be held via zoom. CASA will advise staff and volunteers when this changes.
PC meetings, mediation, Family Group Conferences, and other meetings should be attended by phone or online means such as Zoom, Go To Meeting or Skype.
- As of March 20, 2020, our office will be open, but not to the public however; we will continue to monitor the situation.
- As of June 1, 2020, all staff will be returning to the office on a staggered schedule.
- As of June 15, 2020, all staff will be returning to the office.
Trainings, Events, Info Session:
Currently, all new volunteer advocate training will be through Zoom, until determined safe to return to in-person training.
Justice is Served, our annual fundraiser, is cancelled.
will continue monthly through Zoom.
We are continuously evaluating all future training and events. We will make timely, appropriate decisions prioritizing the safety of our community and will immediately inform all affected by any decisions to postpone or cancel other future activities.
CASA of Southeast Texas remains dedicated to continue serving the children in our care while maintaining the safety and well-being of our volunteers, children and staff as a priority. As the situation is constantly evolving, we will continue to evaluate our practices and response, and this page will be updated to reflect the most recent information for our community.
Please contact your immediate supervisor if you have any questions or concerns.